Research shows that children at primary age with parents who are involved in their education have fewer behaviour problems and have better academic performance. The positive effects of parental involvement should never be under estimated and a positive relationship between home and school is a key building bloc in ensuring children enjoy success at school.
At Merlin Top there a few simple steps which have a massive impact and these are listed below. We are always happy to discuss your child's education and well being and members of the senior leadership are usually available on the terrace if you would like a more informal chat.
Ways to help your child:
- Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep and is ready for each new day (school uniform, book bags, letters)
- Reading at home and checking your child's reading diary is the single most important thing you can do with your child
- Check spelling and times tables, talk about which spellings and times tables they find tricky
- Ask questions about what they have been doing in class
- Try to get involved and attend school events where possible